Dallas (WBAP/KLIF) – An Arlington firefighter is at Parkland Hospital after being injured in a gas-related fire.
Crews were working last night to repair a water line leak at the intersection of Ditto Avenue and Dugan Street.
The gas line was damaged when workers were clearing asphalt. The fire started as excess water was being pumped out to fix the gas line.
Three people in total were injured — another firefighter and an arlington water worker have already been released from parkland after being treated.
Update on the gas leak:
The gas leak and fire stopped. The power has been restored to the area however the roads around the incident to remained closed while repairs completed! pic.twitter.com/PDuExxrNyj
— Arlington Fire Dept. (@ArlingtonTxFire) April 16, 2018
Copyright 2018. WBAP/KLIF News. All Rights Reserved.