DALLAS (WBAP/KLIF News) – Following the touchdown of a tornado in Montague County on Friday, Governor Greg Abbott deployed resources, including Texas Task Force 2 (TTF2), to the North Texas area. A press release Friday said earlier in the day, Governor Abbott placed resources on standby in preparation for a potential severe weather incident. In addition to TTF2, two Texas Emeregncy Medical Task Force (EMTF) Ambuses (ambulance buses) and two ambulance strike teams are being deployed to the area.
Governor Abbott said “Our thoughts and prayers are with all those impacted by the severe weather affecting North Texas tonight,” said Governor Abbott. “I am grateful to our first responders who are always on call and already moving to help their fellow Texans. The state will work with Montague County, and any other area affected, to ensure any resources they need will be fulfilled.”
According to the press release the following business or services were put on stand by:
- The Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM)
- Texas A&M Forest Service Saw Crews
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Water Rescue Boats
- Texas A&M Engineering
- Extension Service Urban Search and Rescue
- Swift Water Rescue Boat Squads
- Texas Department of State Health Services Ambulance Strike Teams.
(Copyright2020WBAP/KLIF News. All Rights Reserved.)