Man and Dog Die Sitting in Car From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

ARLINGTON – (WBAP/KLIF) – The death of a man and his dog Saturday are blamed on likely carbon monoxide poisoning. Police say they responded to a home in the 6100 block of King William Drive and found a 49 year old man and his dog unresponsive in a running car, parked in a garage.

Police say family members told them 49 year old victim Jerry Jennings Jr. was not permitted to bring his dog inside while he visited, so he would sit in the vehicle visiting with the dog, but would usually have the garage door cracked or some type of ventilation.

Authorities believe with no signs of foul play, the man may have fallen asleep as the engine ran, and succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning along with his dog.

(Copyright, All Rights Reserved, WBAP/KLIF 2024)