WBAP 24/7 News

24/7 NEWS

President Trump Cancels All Biden Documents Signed by Autopen

President Trump Cancels All Biden Documents Signed by Autopen

(WBAP/KLIF) — FOX News — President Donald Trump announced on Friday he is terminating all documents allegedly signed by former President Joe Biden with the autopen.

In a Truth Social post, Trump claimed 92% of documents signed during Biden’s presidency were done so with the device.

(Photo by Kevin Dietsch / Getty Images)

“The Autopen is not allowed to be used if approval is not specifically given by the President of the United
States,” Trump wrote. “The Radical Left Lunatics circling Biden around the beautiful Resolute Desk in the Oval Office took the Presidency away from him.”

President Donald Trump has called for an investigation into former President Biden’s use of autopen.
President Donald Trump has called for an investigation into former President Biden’s use of autopen. (Reuters; AP)

Trump said he is canceling all executive orders and “anything else that was not directly signed by Crooked Joe Biden, because the people who operated the Autopen did so illegally.”

He further threatened to charge Biden with perjury if he claims he was involved in the autopen process.

It is unclear who will validate the signatures.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

(Copyright 2025 WBAP/KLIF Newsroom News. All rights reserved. Contains material from Fox News.)

The Giving Machines Benefit North Texas Charities

The Giving Machines Benefit North Texas Charities

(WBAP/KLIF) — North Texans have the opportunity to give to those less fortunate during the Christmas holiday season as The Giving Machines are touring DFW.

The large, red vending machines include a variety of cards with donation prices between $4 and $150 that feature a gift to those in need. The giving machines are sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and include school supplies, sports equipment, meals, new shoes, or a warm coat that can be purchased with a debit or credit card.

100% of the funds collected benefit 11 charities, including the American Red Cross, Special Olympics, and UNICEF.

Last year, The Giving Machines raised over $600-thousand in North Texas.

The Giving Machines remain in McKinney until December 4th, then will be in Arlington December 6th through the 17th, and finally in Grapevine December 19th until New Year’s Day.

“The Giving Machine is sponsored by our Church as a way to have an unforgettable giving experience with friends and families,” North Texas Area Authority Jonathan Cannon said for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. “These moments help us feel the Savior’s love for all of God’s children.”

The Texas Giving Machine will also be in Austin, Houston and San Antonio.

Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE FOR MORE INFORMATION:

In 2025, Light the World Giving Machine kiosks will be in more locations than ever — 126 cities across 21 countries and on six continents. Each Christmas season, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ Light the World Giving Machine initiative offers a meaningful way to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ by helping those in need. Whether it’s beehives for a family in Kenya or a warm blanket for a child in your own city, these tangible gifts turn generosity into joy.

This December, Giving Machine kiosks will be hosted in New international countries this year, including Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Chile, El Salvador, Italy, Japan, Spain and Thailand.

Each customized machine is stocked with tangible items and services to help people in need — nearby or across the world — providing a meaningful and memorable way to show love and extend hope to individuals and families.

This year, more than 4,000 items will be available worldwide from over 500 local nonprofit organizations, including these twelve global participants:

American Red Cross
Care
Church World Service
Days for Girls International
Lifting Hands International
Mentors International
Right to Play
Special Olympics
Splash
USA for UNHCR
UNICEF
Water for Good

Instead of purchasing candy or snacks from a vending machine, people buy goods and services to support those in need. It’s a machine that enables a person to give — rather than receive. Items vary by city, but a typical machine includes food, clean water, clothing, shelter, healthcare, education support, hygiene kits, bedding, job and career training, and even livestock such as chickens, goats, pigs and beehives.

Tiffany Larson, CEO of Days for Girls International, was present for a media event at the Conference Center on Temple Square on Wednesday, November 12, 2025, where the season’s Giving Machine host cities were announced. She shared a story of a 15-year-old girl in Nepal who benefited from a Giving Machine gift of a feminine hygiene kit.

“These cards in the machine might just look like cards, but they’re giving back girls dignity and health and opportunity,” said Larson, whose organization alleviates period poverty for women.

“We have thousands of stories like that of families that have started businesses thanks to these gifts,” Peña said. “I have visited so many of them, and they’re so, so grateful for the initiative and the families that come out and buy these gifts for them.”

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints covers all operating costs, ensuring that 100% of each donation goes directly to the participating nonprofits. The Church does not receive any financial benefit from this initiative.

Young Women General President Emily Belle Freeman said Wednesday that her family has donated through Giving Machine kiosks every year since 2017. And every year they have donated chickens.

“It’s so fun to think about how what begins as a three-to-five-minute experience in front of one of these machines turned into a lifetime change for a family or even just one young woman,” President Freeman said. “That’s such an amazing and remarkable thing for all of us to be able to participate in.”

Sister Kristin M. Yee of the Relief Society General Presidency spoke of the importance of the many nonprofits the Church is serving with to make these good things happen.

“We have so many wonderful participating nonprofits that are part of this work,” Sister Yee said. “We are so grateful to work with them in this effort. There are many hands that are part of this. We cannot do this on our own. It’s only together that we can do this. Whether we’re a nonprofit or just an individual, we can have the opportunity to help and offer acts of kindness and help move goods to those in need.”

When donations are transferred to each nonprofit organization, the Church also provides an itemized list of purchases, ensuring that every donor’s gift is delivered. These organizations have 12 months to fulfill those orders. Nonprofits can use up to 10% of their Giving Machine receipts for overhead costs, but most choose to use much less or none.

Since 2017, nearly US$50 million has been donated through the Giving Machine initiative.

Elders Matthew S. Holland and W. Mark Bassett of the Seventy also shared thoughts at Wednesday’s event. Both emphasized that the Giving Machine initiative is grounded in Jesus Christ.

“In John 8:12 we read, ‘I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life,’” said Elder Holland, who serves as executive director of the Church Communication Department. “Jesus Christ is the Light of the World. When we focus our Christmas activities on Him and give gifts of love and service as He did, we fill the world with more light. As we share abundantly with others, we experience an abundance of light and joy in our hearts and homes. This is the true Christmas experience.”

“Jesus Christ is the Light of the World,” added Elder Bassett, who is executive director of the Church’s Missionary Department. “He has asked us, commanded us, pled with us to love one another. This is just one way that we can love our neighbors. Might we do so this Christmas season as we remember the birth of the Son of God, Jesus Christ.”

Links: 

Texas Giving Machine in DFW: https://texasgivingmachine.org/dfw/

Facebook: Facebook.com/TexasGivingMachine

Instagram: Instagram.com/texasgivingmachine

(Copyright 2025 WBAP/KLIF Newsroom News. All rights reserved.)

City of Mesquite’s CodeRED Alerts Hacked In a “Cybercriminal Attack”

City of Mesquite’s CodeRED Alerts Hacked In a “Cybercriminal Attack”

MESQUITE – (WBAP/KLIF) – The City of Mesquite says it’s been notified it’s been the target of an organized cyber criminal attack, affecting data that may contain contact information of Code Red users, including personal identification, and/or associated passwords for Code Red accounts.

Residents and visitors are urged to follow information including those concerning severe weather, emergency bulletins and information, and public safety alerts on City of Mesquite social media sites, until the Code Red system is restored.

(Copyright, All Rights Reserved, WBAP/KLIF 2025)

Now Charged with First Degree Murder After One of Two National Guard Members Shot Dies;  Suspect an Afghan National

Now Charged with First Degree Murder After One of Two National Guard Members Shot Dies; Suspect an Afghan National

UPDATE 11/28 12:23 PM: The Afghan national suspect held as the prime suspect in this week’s shootings of two National Guardsmen in Washington, D.C. is now charged with first degree murder. The suspected gunman, 29-year-old Rahmanullah Lakanwal, was previously charged with three counts of assault with the intent to kill while armed and criminal possession of a weapon, officials said during a press conference on Thursday. As investigation into what could have caused the violent attack by a man reported to have worked with American forces in Afghanistan before the war ended gets underway, some who are reported to have known him well in Afghanistan describe Lakanwal as having mental health challenges. The suspect is believed to have driven from Washington state to D.C. where the attack occured; he is believed to be married and have five children.

The attack critically injured National Guardsman 20-year-old Sarah Beckstrom, who died from her injuries Thanksgiving evening, and critically injured 24-year-old Andrew Wolfe, who remains hospitalized.

UPDATE: President Trump delivering news to Americans just now that the 20 year old Guardsman Sarah Backstrom, critically wounded in Wednesday’s D.C. shooting, has passed on. Another shooting victim; 24 year old Andrew Wolfe, remains hospitalized in critical condition.

UPDATE: The Afghan national in custody as the suspect in Wednesday’s shooting of two National Guard members near White House is reported to have driven from Washington State to D.C. where the shootings occurred. Associated Press reports the suspect immigrated to the U.S. in 2021 and this year was approved by the Trump administration, as an asylum-seeking Afghan national, to remain in the country pending the process.

The suspect is identified by officials as Rahmanullah Lakanwal, and remains in custody after being shot by another service member. The injured West Virginia National Guard members shot are identified as 20 year old Specialist Sarah Beckstrom, and 24 year old Staff Sgt. Andrew Wolfe. At last report, both service members remain in critical condition from their gunshot injuries.

WASHINGTON (AP) — An Afghan national has been accused of shooting two West Virginia National Guard members just blocks from the White House in a brazen act of violence. The guard members had deployed to the nation’s capital and were shot Wednesday afternoon. The FBI director and Washington’s mayor say the guard members were hospitalized in critical condition. The suspect who is in custody also was shot and had wounds that were not believed to be life-threatening. Officials say the 29-year-old is an Afghan national who entered the U.S. in 2021 through Operation Allies Welcome. That was a Biden administration program to evacuate and resettle Afghans.

(Copyright, All Rights Reserved, WBAP/KLIF 2025)

Texas-Sized Changes to Auto Registration and Renewal Restrictions

AUSTIN – WFAA – (WBAP/KLIF)- The state of Texas is tightening restrictions on registrations and renewals of autos with new rules that went into effect November 18th. The changes could alter the ability of many undocumented residents to legally owns autos.

Texas Department of Motor Vehicles is implementing more stringent photo identification requirements’ demanding current photo identification such as a passport or driver’s license with new registrations, and during sales.

DMV’s list of approved identification sent to dealers and counties: Texas driver’s license; an unexpired U.S. passport; Texas License To Carry identification; and IDs issued by the U.S. military, Department of Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services and Department of State.

The move could prevent many of the state’s estimated 1 point 7 million undocumented immigrants from registering vehicles — and Rep. Brian Harrison, R-Midlothian, agrees. after calling for the department to take action.

Harrison alleges undocumented immigrants have driven up car insurance premiums; immigration supporters say the policy adds more burdens on those who live and work in Texaas.

The move comes with a warning the change could create public safety challenges for all Texans, in predicting there will be hundreds of unregistered vehicles on the roads, with the changes “just meant to harm immigrants”, according to Alycia Castillo, Texas Civil Rights Project’s associate director of policy.

(Copyright, All Rights Reserved, WBAP/KLIF 2025)

Food and Energy Costs by Item and how much have they increased?

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics:

Here’s what you are paying more for…..The data includes average prices for bananas, oranges, bread, tomatoes, chicken, electricity, eggs, gasoline, ground chuck, utility gas, and milk.

Overall U.S. food prices increased by 3.1% in the 12 months leading up to September 2025, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Specifically, food at home (groceries) rose 2.7%, while food away from home (restaurants) grew 3.1% over the same period. However, prices for certain items have seen different trends, such as an approximate 14% increase for ground beef and a 29% increase for orange juice, while the average price of eggs has declined from its peak last year. 

Overall price changes

  • Overall food: +3.1% in the 12 months ending September 2025
  • Food at home (groceries): +2.7% in the 12 months ending September 2025
  • Food away from home (restaurants): +3.1% in the 12 months ending September 2025 

Specific item changes

  • Ground beef: +14% over the last year
  • Orange juice: +29% over the last year
  • Eggs: Prices are down from their peak in 2024, with the average price now below the level of a year ago.
  • Cereals and bakery products: +1.6% in the 12 months ending September 2025.
  • Meats, poultry, fish, and eggs: Prices are up 4.3% in the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington area over the past year.
  • Fruits and vegetables: Prices are down 4.8% in the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington area over the past year. 

Factors affecting prices

  • Economy-wide inflationary factors, supply chain issues, and wholesale food prices have eased compared to 2022.
  • Lower energy prices and cooling labor pressures are also contributing to the slowdown in food price growth. 
Addison is Weighing Its Future With DART

Addison is Weighing Its Future With DART

DART train in downtown Dallas, TX (heading south from Union Station. (Photo by: HUM Images/Universal Images Group via Getty Images)

(WBAP/KLIF) – ADDISON, TX – Next week, the Addison city council will consider holding a special election to for residents to decide on DART membership. Addison has been a member city since 1983, and has a stop on the brand new Silver Line. Four other cities in North Texas have already decided to let voters weigh in on the future of DART. Leaders in Plano, Highland Park, Farmers Branch, and Irving have all stated that they’re not getting their money’s worth from the mass transit system.

(Copyright 2025 WBAP/KLIF. All Rights Reserved)

FBI Seeks Interviews With Democrats Who Urged US Troops to Defy Illegal Orders

FBI Seeks Interviews With Democrats Who Urged US Troops to Defy Illegal Orders

WASHINGTON (AP) — Democratic lawmakers who appeared in a social media video urging U.S. troops to defy “illegal orders” say the FBI has contacted them to begin scheduling interviews. It comes a day after the Pentagon announced it is investigating Democratic Sen. Mark Kelly of Arizona over potential violations of military law. Michigan Sen. Elissa Slotkin told reporters Tuesday that Trump “is attempting to use the FBI to scare us.” The inquiries mark an extraordinary escalation for federal law enforcement and military institutions that traditionally steer clear of partisan clashes.

(Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Trump Says He’s Sending His Envoys to See Putin and Ukrainians After Fine-Tuning Plan to End War

Trump Says He’s Sending His Envoys to See Putin and Ukrainians After Fine-Tuning Plan to End War

TOPSHOT – In this pool photograph distributed by the Russian state agency Sputnik, Russia’s President Vladimir Putin shakes hands with US President Donald Trump’s envoy Steve Witkoff during a meeting in Saint Petersburg on April 11, 2025. (Photo by Gavriil Grigorov / POOL / AFP) (Photo by GAVRIIL GRIGOROV/POOL/AFP via Getty Images)

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says his plan to end the war in Ukraine has been “fine-tuned.” He said Tuesday that he is sending envoy Steve Witkoff to meet with the Russian president and Army Secretary Dan Driscoll to meet with Ukrainian officials. Trump suggested he might meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy once negotiations progress. Talks have been ongoing, with U.S. and Ukrainian officials meeting in Geneva. French President Emmanuel Macron says peace efforts are at a crucial juncture. Meanwhile, Russia launched attacks on Kyiv, and Ukraine responded with drone strikes on Russia. European leaders warn the road to peace will be long.

(Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Health Care Plan Circulated by the White House Runs Into Familiar GOP Divisions

Health Care Plan Circulated by the White House Runs Into Familiar GOP Divisions

WASHINGTON (AP) — A health care proposal circulated by the White House in recent days is running into Republican divisions on the issue. It’s a familiar struggle for Republicans, who have been trying to scrap or overhaul the federal health care law for the past 15 years. The tentative proposal from President Donald Trump would extend expiring Affordable Care Act subsidies for two years while adjusting eligibility requirements for those who receive them. The proposal has so far been met with a stony silence on Capitol Hill. Republicans are debating among themselves whether to overhaul the health care law, tweak it or simply let the subsidies expire.

(Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)